Name: Lolita Gonzalez
Job title: Hotel Operations Shift Manager
Year started Hard Rock: 2012
- Have you changed job titles since you started at Hard Rock? If so, what was your first position?
I started at Seminole Hard Rock in April of 2012 as a hotel operations shift manager, and it was one of the greatest opportunities of my life. I have been able to take my prior experience in the hotel industry and continue to learn and grow here at the Hard Rock. Many property leaders have been influential mentors to me and encourage my development.
- We’d like to get to know you more. In a paragraph, tell us a little about yourself (interests, background etc.) and share one fun fact that we may not be aware of.
I grew up in Pembroke Pines, Florida. I started my career in hospitality at 16 working in a local restaurant. I attended the University of Central Florida Rosen College Of Hospitality Management and worked at Walt Disney World and The Peabody Orlando hotel while in school. After graduation, I continued to gain experience in the hotel industry by working for Hyatt hotels. I moved back to South Florida and worked at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables before coming to the Seminole Hard Rock in 2012.
- Let’s take a look inside “a day in the life” of you. Name at least five key responsibilities that make up the core of your position.
We strive each day to provide the highest level of service to our guests. Hotel operations has various moving parts, and as a manger, it is my duty to ensure that they all run according to Seminole Hard Rock standards while providing exceptional guest service from the initial arrival experience at the porte cochere to the check-in and check-out experience with the front desk agents in conjunction with our concierge, bellman, bell desk dispatchers and rooms control agents. There is also constant daily coordination with other departments such as Housekeeping, Player Development, VIP Services and In-Room Dining.
- What is your individual rock star approach to being spectacular at your job?
I believe in providing sincere, genuine hospitality to our guests and team members. I want everyone to have a great time while they’re here and enjoy themselves. After all, it is the Hard Rock!
- What do you love the most about your job and being a part of the Seminole Hard Rock family?
The interactions I have every day, not only with guests but with other team members. I look forward to coming into work every day. The people that I get to share my day with are truly exceptional. I’m consistently inspired by my fellow team members and how they go above and beyond for our guests day after day.
- What is your most fond memory since Day 1 at Hard Rock with a guest or fellow staff?
I was recently given the honor of being part of Seminole Hard Rock’s Leadership Journey program earlier this year. It was a great opportunity for me to enhance and develop my leadership skills, and I was able to connect and network with team members from departments that I don’t typically interact with on a daily basis. Graduation day was especially memorable, and I am thankful for being chosen for that experience.