Name: Drew Schlesinger
Title: Vice President of Hotel Operations
- The word “FUN” is top-of-mind when thinking of the Hard Rock brand. What would you identify as the most fun part of your position?
I love what I do, and I try to have fun with whatever I’m doing, whether it’s with team members or peers. I have the most fun when I’m helping to create new designs for whatever project we’re building.
- Seminole Hard Rock is an international destination situated in sunny South Florida. What are the top five “must-do’s” for anyone who travels to the resort?
- If you’re lucky enough to qualify to stay on the 12th floor, it’s a must-see, must-do.
- I believe our pool is a great feature for the property. If you have the time, spend a full day staying in one of the cabanas and enjoying the food from Beach Club … and the music doesn’t get much better.
- Gambling … Which, if I was being honest, would be No. 1. Black Jack is my game of choice.
- Having worked and traveled the globe, I can honestly say that Kuro is one of my favorite Japanese-style restaurants. And if that is booked, you can’t beat the steak at Council Oak Steaks & Seafood.
- Get a facial and a massage at our Rock Spa.
- Who is one of your favorite music artists and why?
Ian Anderson from Jethro Tull, because in my mind, he was one of the most creative artists to blend jazz and rock with unique instruments that in its day was innovative.
- What was the most memorable concert you’ve been to and why?
It was a tribute concert to Elton John in the early ‘90s in NYC. Ten of the most incredible artists came together, including Cyndi Lauper, Willie Nelson, Tina Turner and Sting.
- If you could have a dream talent, what would it be?
I would be a chef, because I love to cook. I actually think of myself as a chef, although I’m not!