Name: Justin Wyborn
Title: Vice President of Food & Beverage, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- The word “FUN” is top-of-mind when thinking of the Hard Rock brand. What would you identify as the most fun part of your position?
There is a lot to love about my job here at Seminole Hard Rock Hollywood, but what I truly enjoy the most is being on the main gaming floor and in any Food & Beverage outlet nightly. The vibe and energy is addicting; plus, being able to connect and rub shoulders with our guests and staff is what makes my job really fun! We have so many interesting guests all with unique stories, as well as many talented team members who all make our job seem seamless.
- Seminole Hard Rock is an international destination situated in sunny South Florida. What are the top five “must-do’s” for anyone who travels to the resort?
- As soon as you check-in: Visit L Bar, our newly renovated lobby bar, for a true artisanal hand-crafted cocktail. I am very proud of this bar, as the phenomenal staff have been trained by our beverage team to guide you through our “ode to the classics with a twist” cocktail menu. A perfect start to your stay and palate is the Queens Park Swizzle with rum, mint and lime juice.
- First night: Make your way to Council Oak, our signature steakhouse, and pick your own steak from the butcher window, (for me, the Australian Wagyu, NY Strip). Grab a seat at the bar and have our resident sommelier Juan select a great wine from our wine room to complement the steak and Chef Carl’s side dishes. Don’t leave without trying the hybrid croissant/doughnut – the COssant – created by the property’s Pastry Chef Devon.
- Breakfast: Grab a bite at Blueplate, our 24/7 diner-inspired restaurant. Chef Richard and Chef Kamar’s weekend breakfast specials are always creative, fun and incredibility delicious.
- Day: Hit the pool for some sun; our recreation staff will help you to a lounge or Chickee. Then, let the pool staff pamper you. Try one of Will’s fresh juice cocktails and Chef Danny’s Arepa sliders. This will hold you until dinner.
- Last night– Dine at Kuro, our newest addition to the Hollywood family. Grab a booth and start with our mixologist Jared’s Hachi cocktail that’s bourbon-infused with mushroom. Trust me … just try it. The servers are trained to design the entire menu for you, so tell them what you like and don’t like, and then just sit back and let them take you on a Chef Alex and Chef Shuji culinary ride! Make sure to mention to your server to include the Wagyu Tacos and the Tuna Crispy Rice and save room for Chef Ross’ desserts.
OFF THE CLOCK
What was the most memorable concert you’ve been to and why?
I loved Oasis and have seen them multiple times; the most memorable concert was in Tokyo, with a very well-behaved crowd. It was a standing-room-only concert, and the majority of the locals were too polite to move up the front. I arrived late and still had one of the best positions for the concert.
If you could have a dream talent, what would it be?
To be able to speak multiple languages.
What is your favorite sports team?
The Australian Rules football team – Essendon, but now that I’m a citizen, I’ve started supporting the Patriots, as I first lived in and learned football in Massachusetts.