Brought to you by Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Hollywood, Fla., the 8th Annual Jimmy Johnson’s “Quest for the Ring” Championship Fishing Week will take over Key Largo, Fla. March 2-9, 2019.
Competitive anglers from around the country will join together for another historic event in the beautiful setting of Key Largo, in the Florida Keys. Renowned for the best parties, the highest purse and the ultimate week of fishing, tournament highlights include celebrity charity days and highly competitive tournament showdowns. The 2-Day Billfish Championship prize structure is set and the guaranteed purse offers this year’s champions the chance to win one or more of 60 payouts at the 2019 National Billfish Championship. The final entry opportunity will be at the end of the Captain’s meeting on Wednesday, March 6, if spots are still available.
Jimmy Johnson’s “Quest for the Ring” Championship Fishing Week is “all about the ring!” according to Coach Johnson. Each year teams vie for entrance into the highly coveted Ring of Honor, an elite group of champions who have taken home the top prize at this exciting competition. Members include Hardway, 4 Aces, Weez In the Keys, Native Son, Rock Star, Astra Sails and Sandman, the newest member. Each year the overall champions receive Jimmy’s famed National Championship Ring.
The 2019 JJ’s Quest for the Ring Championship Fishing Week Schedule includes the following events:
- Saturday, March 2: Angler Gifting Experience & Poolside Celebration at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino – Hollywood, Fla.
- Wednesday, March 6: Packet Pick Up Kick Off & Captain’s Meeting at The Big Chill for JJ’s Celebrity Pro-Am and JJ’s National Billfish Championship.
- Thursday, March 7: JJ’s Celebrity Pro-Am, where Jimmy’s friends, celebrity athletes and entertainers will join the pros for a fun-filled day of competitive fishing in support of their favorite charities. That evening JJ’s Ring of Honor Champions dinner will be held at Ocean Reef Club.
- Friday, March 8 and Saturday, March 9: Registered anglers head out for two days of competitive fishing in the history-making National Billfish Championship tournament.
- Saturday, March 9, 6 p.m.: All tournaments culminate with a celebratory awards dinner and pool party as JJ’s Backyard BBQ takes over JJ’s Bill Chill. Participating anglers join together as over $1.75 million in prize money is awarded while overlooking the waters of the Florida Keys.
Boat Entry information and the full schedule of events can be found at www.jjfishweek.com. Registration can be completed on the tournament website or by contacting the tournament office at [email protected] or 305-255-3500 for more information.
Be sure to follow @JJFishWeek on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for up to date tournament information.